Temple United Methodist Church
COVID-19 – PHASE 2
Safe Practice Procedures for In-Person Worship
To foster the safety of our members, our pastor, our guests, and our staff.
Members who are sick, develop COVID-19 symptoms or believe you may have been exposed by close contact should stay at home.
- Facilities will be sanitized before and after service and cleaned weekly.
- Plan to arrive 9:30-9:45 a.m. in order to follow safety protocols.
- Enter the building using the church office ramp entrance located off the church parking lot (Front Sanctuary doors will be used for exiting only).
- Social distance of 6 feet between persons NOT of the same household should be maintained at all times.
- Masks must be worn properly at all times in the church building (exceptions: children under the age of 3 years, worship leaders when speaking, and song leaders when singing-provided the proper 6 feet distance is maintained). Please bring your own mask; a limited supply of masks is available for guests or persons who may have forgotten.
- On entry you will be required to complete a medical screening questionnaire and have your temperature taken (If you indicate symptoms or are running a temperature greater than 100 degrees you will not be permitted to attend worship).
- Hands must be washed upon entry and exit of sanctuary (Touchless hand sanitizer stations are located at the building entrance and exits)
- Socially distanced seating in the sanctuary is clearly identified by red/white crosses on the pews (household members may sit together). Seating in the balcony is available to those without physical limitations.
- We discourage people from exiting the sanctuary during services unless necessary.
- Nursery and the “Kingdom Kid’s” prayer space will not be offered at this time. Children must remain seated with their family. Please bring personal activity bags for your children.
- Bibles, hymnals, prayer cards, and printed bulletins will not be available in worship (viruses are known to survive on paper and hard surfaces for hours). Biblical readings, music lyrics and prayers will be projected on the overhead screens.
- Prayers at the altar rail are permissible during the “Illuminations of Prayer” time. Wear your masks and maintain 6 feet distance from other persons while moving to and from the rail. Observe the socially distanced markers for kneeling spaces. (worship stewards will light the candles and sanitize the rail after every use in preparation for the next person).
- Offering boxes located at the front of the sanctuary have replaced the tradition of passing offering plates. We encourage you to deposit your offerings while entering or exiting the church. If you are giving electronically or may be interested for future giving visit www.templeumc.info and click on the donation button.
- We WILL NOT have congregational singing, but will be blessed by the music ministry of gifted singers and musical talents.
- Holy Communion will continue to be received by the method of pre-packaged container on the 1st Sunday of each month. You will be given a pre-packaged container when you enter church and instructed to wait for direction before opening the container.
- At the conclusion of service people will remain seated until they are excused by either the pastor or a worship leader. You may exit the building using any available doors and are encouraged to maintain social distancing in the parking lot.
- There will be no coffee or fellowship time before or after the service.
- Those who feel that staying at home is better for them at this time are encouraged to worship via livestream on Facebook.
- Worship will continue to be livestreamed as it has been every Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. on our Facebook page and soon available on our YouTube channel.
- Small groups of no more than 10 persons may begin to meet at the church provided the safety protocols of social distancing and masks are observed. All classes and groups that wish to meet must be scheduled with the pastor and/or the front office so that proper cleaning and sanitation can be maintained before and after in those meeting spaces.
Updated and adopted by Temple Leadership Team on March 16, 2021